Friday, August 31, 2007

Quotable Quotes: Principles



As investors wait to hear whether Bernanke caves in, a few words on principles.





“'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.”
Thomas Paine

"Compromise is usually a sign of weakness, or an admission of defeat. Strong men don't compromise, it is said, and principles should never be compromised."
Andrew Carnegie

"Once at a social gathering, Gladstone said to Disraeli, "I predict, Sir, that you will die either by hanging or of some vile disease". Disraeli replied, "That all depends, sir, upon whether I embrace your principles or your mistress."
Benjamin Disraeli

“I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times.”
Senator Everett Dirksen

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.”
Groucho Marx

Have a good weekend.

No comments: