Friday, October 3, 2008

Quotable Quotes: Expectations


As someone who has conducted hundreds of interviews, when I ask a question I typically expect an answer to the question asked. Obviously, things don’t work that way in Alaska. So much for the straight talk express. But, maybe I expect too much. Therefore, a few words on expectations.

“It is great to be a blonde. With low expectations it's very easy to surprise people.”
Pamela Anderson

“Those who will play with cats must expect to be scratched.”
Cervantes

“Climate is what we expect, weather is what we get.”
Mark Twain

“You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there.”
Yogi Berra

“One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above that which is expected.”
George W. Bush

“The only man who behaved sensibly was my tailor; he took my measurement anew every time he saw me, while all the rest went on with their old measurements and expected them to fit me.”
George Bernard Shaw

Have a good weekend.

No comments: