Friday, December 14, 2007

Quotable Quotes: Performance Enhancing Substances


Athletes have steroids and human growth hormones. Portfolio managers have IPOs. A few words about performance enhancing substances.



“Why is there so much controversy about drug testing? I know plenty of guys who would be willing to test any drug they could come up with”
George Carlin

“I've tried everything. I can say to you with confidence, I know a fair amount about LSD. I've never been a social user of any of these things, but my curiosity has carried me into a lot of interesting areas.”
Dan Rather

“The best pitch I ever heard about cocaine was back in the early eighties when a street dealer followed me down the sidewalk going: I got some great blow man. I got the stuff that killed Belushi.”
Denis Leary

“Drugs have taught an entire generation of American kids the metric system.”
P.J. O'Rourke

“I tried marijuana once. I did not inhale.”
Slick Willie

No comments: