Friday, July 25, 2008

Quotable Quotes: The Joker

Without question, Heath Ledger created the most memorable villain since Hannibal Lechter.

The Joker: Do I look like a guy with a plan??

The Joker: The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules!

The Joker: See, I'm not a monster...I'm just ahead of the curve.

The Joker: See, I'm a man of simple tastes. I like gunpowder...and dynamite...and gasoline! Do you know what all of these things have in common? They're cheap!

The Joker: [to criminal] Why don't we cut you up into little pieces and feed you to your pooches? Hmm? Then we'll see, how loyal, a hungry dog really is. It's not about the money... it's about... sending a message. Everything burns.

Criminal: [to The Joker] Give me one reason why I shouldn't have my boy here rip your head off.
The Joker: How about a magic trick?
[pulls out a pencil and sticks it upright into the table]
The Joker: I'm gonna make this pencil... disappear.
[Criminal’s thug walks over to kill The Joker, who pushes his face into the pencil and kills him]
The Joker: Ta-daa! It's... gone!

The Joker: [looks directly at Dinner Guest] You know, you remind of my father.
[takes a knife to dinner guest's neck]
The Joker: ... I hated my father!

The Joker: [to Batman] You have nothing to threaten me with. Nothing to do with all your strength.

The Joker: [to Batman] We really should stop fighting, we'll miss the fireworks!

Batman: Why do you want to kill me?
The Joker: [laughs] Kill you? I don't want to kill you! What would I do without you? Go back to ripping off mob dealers? No, no, you... you complete me.

The Joker: What does not kill you, makes you stranger!

Have a good weekend.

No comments: