Friday, January 18, 2008

Quotable Quotes: Adversity



"Adversity begets opportunity."
Catalano proverb

Therefore, a few words on adversity.


“Things that were hard to bear are sweet to remember”
Seneca’’

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.”
Henry Ford

“There is no education like adversity”
Benjamin Disreali

“Sweet are the uses of adversity.”
William Shakespeare

“I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.”
Mother Teresa

“If I had a formula for bypassing trouble, I would not pass it round. Trouble creates a capacity to handle it. I don't embrace trouble; that's as bad as treating it as an enemy. But I do say meet it as a friend, for you'll see a lot of it and had better be on speaking terms with it.”
Oliver Wendell Holmes

“I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.”
Jewish Proverb

No comments: