Friday, February 8, 2008

Quotable Quotes: Battle


As the political season heats up, a few words on doing battle.




"O God, that I were a man! I would eat his heart in the market-place."
Hillary Clinton (playing Beatrice in Shakespeare’s “Much Ado About Nothing”)

“One of the key qualities that you need to be a great hockey player is fantastic anticipation and feel for the game - if you know where the puck is going before it is hit, that is half the battle.”
Wayne Gretsky (rendering advice to stock market timers)

“A leader who doesn't hesitate before he sends his nation into battle is not fit to be a leader.”
Golda Meir (commenting on George W. Bush)

“Give me a handful of Westpoint Graduates and I'll win the battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win the war.”
George Patton (being George Patton)

“To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.”
e. e. cummings (rendering advice to all)

Have a good weekend.

No comments: